Version updated on 15 June 2018
The Conseil National du Cuir, hereafter known as “the CNC” (with its registered office at 105 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75373 PARIS Cedex 08, France), is responsible for data processing and places great importance on the protection and respect of your private information.
This aim of this document is to inform you about how CNC collects, uses and shares the information that you provide via its website, conseilnationalducuir.org or from its mobile application (available from the Apple Store or from Google Play).
1. Information collected
The CNC is likely to collect and process the following data:
1.1 Information that you provide directly
By using the CNC website or application, you are likely to provide information, some of which identifies you (“personal data”).
This is notably the case when you fill in forms (such as when you ask to subscribe to the newsletter), when you take part in surveys or when you contact the CNC by telephone, email or any other means of communication.
This information notably consists of the following:
- Data required in order to access all services provided by CNC;
This data includes your first and last names, email address, title, telephone number.
- Your postal address.
1.2. Information collected automatically
When you connect to CNC services using the available social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Vimeo et Google+), the CNC will have access to some of the data from your account on the social network in accordance with the general conditions of use of the social network (notably your first and last name, photograph, email address, number of friends on Facebook, or number of contacts on LinkedIn).
The CNC is likely to collect some of your personal data when you use the functions of the social networks, such as clicking "like” on Facebook.
Providing you can prove your identity and comply with the necessary conditions, you can exercise the rights set out in article 7 below.
2. Duration of data storage
Your personal data is not archived.
3. Use of collected data
The CNC uses the collected data as shown in the table below, according to the legal basis set out below:
a) Executing contracts concluded between the CNC and you or between the CNC and its commercial partners, and to provide you with the requested information and services1.
a) This data processing is required for the execution of respective contractual obligations.
b) Sending you information on CNC’s services by email or any other means of communication.
b) This data processing is required for the execution of respective contractual obligations and / or is carried out with your consent.
c) Providing you with access and allowing you to communicate with the CNC services.
c) This data processing is:
d) Ensuring the respect of:
c) This data processing is:
e) Sending you, in accordance with the applicable legal measures and with your approval where the legislation requires it, marketing and promotional messages and information relating the use of CNC’s services, or to suggest or inform you of services likely to interest you, including on social networks or third-party sites.
e) This data processing is based on your consent and/or your legitimate interest in having CNC provide you with relevant information.
f) Informing you about modifications made to CNC services.
f) This data processing is necessary for:
g) Managing the CNC website and application and carrying out internal technical operations for the purpose of resolving problems, analysing data, tests, research, analysis, studies and surveys.
g) This data processing is based on the legitimate interest of the CNC in ensuring the security of its site and improving characteristics.
4. Sharing information with third parties
The CNC is likely to share information about you and notably your personal data, with:
- Its partners, who promote their services on its website and/or mobile application and to which you can decide to subscribe. These services include, for example, schools in the leather sector;
- Subcontractors that the CNC uses to provide technical services, providers of analytical solutions.
The CNC will only share your data with the above-mentioned partners in the following circumstances:
- When it makes use of a service provider in order to implement any contract agreed between you and the CNC, or in order to provide or improve its services;
- When the CNC makes use of search engine providers and analytical solutions in order to improve and optimise its site.
- When you make an express request (such as when you use the methods of authentication provided by social networks);
- When the CNC has a legal obligation to do so and notably in order to:
- respond to any complaint made against CNC,
- comply with any legal request,
5. Targeted promotional information and emails
In accordance with applicable legislation and with your consent when it is required, the CNC may use the data for information purposes in order to send newsletters, invitations to events or for any other information likely to interest you and to publish targeted communications on social networks or on third-party sites.
With regards to promotional emails:
You may withdraw your consent at any time by:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in every communication sent by the CNC;
- Contacting the CNC according to the procedure set out in article 11 below.
6. Data transfer
The Conseil National du Conseil National stores your personal data within the European Union.
However, if some of your personal data were to be transferred to a Country with which the European Commission has not concluded an adequacy decision (to ensure an adequate level of protection), the CNC will ensure that the transfer is performed in compliance with applicable regulations and will guarantee an adequate level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights of individuals (notably by the use of standard contractual clauses of the European Commission).
7. Your rights with regard to your personal data
You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data held by CNC (“right of access”).
You can ask for your personal data to be deleted and for any incorrect or outdated information to be corrected (“right of deletion”, “right of correction”).
The CNC will store certain information regarding you when required by law or when there is a legitimate reason to do so.
You have the right to oppose your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, on the grounds of your particular situation (“right of opposition”).
You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data (“right of limitation”).
This right only applies in certain cases, namely:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data during the time allowed for the CNC to verify the accuracy of the data.
- If the CNC has been processing the data illegally and you request limited use of your data rather than deletion;
- The CNC no longer needs this personal data for processing purposes but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- If you exercise your right of opposition during the verification period, with the aim of deciding whether the legitimate purposes of use identified by CNC prevail over your purposes.
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (in France it is the CNIL) or to obtain compensation from the competent courts if you consider the CNC has failed to respect your rights.
You have the “right to data portability”, notably:
- The right to receive personal data provided to the CNC in a structured format, and notably one that can be read and processed by machine.
You also have the right to define the instructions relating to the use of your personal data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you can contact the CNC following the procedures set out in article 11 below.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer.
A cookie does not allow CNC to identify you but it records information relating to your computer’s navigation on the site that the CNC can read during subsequent visits in order to facilitate navigation, optimise connections and measure site traffic.
- Google Analytics website performance measurement cookie
- Matomo site website performance measurement cookie
- OVH session management cookie (while connected to the site)
- By setting the parameters on your internet browser.
However, by refusing cookies, certain or all parts of the site may be unavailable.
For more information you can contact the CNC as described in article 11 below.
9. Links to other websites and social networks
The CNC declines all responsibility for the use made by these sites of the information collected when you click on these links.
The CNC invites to you find out about the usage made of your personal data by these sites before providing any.
When this is necessary, the CNC will inform you and/or request your approval.
The modification or update takes effect at the date shown at the top of the page.
- Sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending a letter to the following address: 105, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75373 PARIS Cedex 08 - France